When travelling with Palladium Hotel Group, guests will now be able to benefit from free health care insurance during their stay at selected hotels and resorts in Mexico, Dominican Republic & Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife (Spain).
Further reinforcing its commitment to guests’ wellness, the new health insurance will protect guests against any unforeseen circumstances, should they be diagnosed with COVID-19 during their stay. This industry-leading initiative to boost travel confidence is provided by Palladium Hotel Group, completely free of cost for a year, for all guests who book on palladiumhotelgroup.com, through a Preferred Travel Advisor, Tour Operator, or any other booking channel.
Guests will be automatically insured from the moment they arrive at any of our selected hotels until their check-out.
Expenses for Covid-19 infection up to €100,000 (Euros)*. These expenses include medical fees, medicines from the medical care provided, as well as hospitalization expense and ambulance expenses requested by a doctor.
Medical transfer of Patients: whenever the guest is unable to continue the trip due to the virus and needs to go to a hospital or return home, the transfer will be covered by various means of transport such as train plane, helicopter or ambulance.
if a serious illness occurs that requires immediate assistance, this service will assume the transfer both to and from the hotel to the nearest hospital or clinic. This service would also include medical surveillance if necessary.
In case the affected client does not have to be hospitalized and the doctor prescribes the need to stay in the hotel, the policy will cover the expenses derived from prolonging their stay with 75 euros (euros) per day up to a maximum of 10 days; and of each of their companions with 50 euros (euros) per person per day up to a maximum of 10 days.
in the event of death, Palladium Hotel Group’s new medical care insurance will organize the repatriation of the deceased and will assume the cost of other expenses such as those derived from administrative formalities, among others.
if due to illness the guest is unable to drive his/her own vehicle, the client may request that a professional driver or another person drive their vehicle to their home.
finally, clients can also feel completely reassured that, if any eventuality occurs, the insurance will cover any type of transfer of three of their companions to the affected person's hospitalization place or habitual residence. that would be done through the most convenient means of transportation.
*Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa. From November 1st 2020 until October 31st 2021.
*Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa. From November 1st 2020 until October 31st 2021.
*Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa. From November 1st 2020 until October 31st 2021.
*TRS Yucatán Hotel. From November 1st 2020 until October 31st 2021.
*Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa. From November 19th 2020 until November 18th 2021.
*Grand Palladium Punta Cana Suites Resort & Spa. From November 19th 2020 until November 18th 2021.
*Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. From November 19th 2020 until November 18th 2021.
*TRS Turquesa Hotel. From November 19th 2020 until November 18th 2021.
*TRS Cap Cana Hotel. From December 4th 2020 until December 3rd 2021.
*Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino. From September 4th 2020 until September 3rd 2021.
*Hard Rock Hotel Tenerife. From December 3rd 2020 until December 2nd 2021.
*Applies for bookings with completed check out within those dates.
*Amounts are specified in Euros, which will be converted to local currency’s exchange rate of the date of the transaction.
In the commitment to ensuring the wellbeing and safety of guests, the new initiative has been launched in collaboration with the risk management company, Materh, which has advised Palladium Hotel Group to contract a policy designed by InterMundial with the support of Europe Assistance.
Book your vacation on palladiumhotelgroup.com or with your Preferred Travel Advisor. You will automatically receive free coverage for COVID-19 related expenses* as described above, from the moment you check-in. *Subject to terms and conditions.
Your safety is our highest priority at every step. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 while you are staying at a selected Palladium property, we will cover your medical expenses up to EUR €100,000 and your quarantine costs up to EUR €75 per day for 10 days – absolutely free.
You will automatically be covered upon your arrival to the hotel. There are no registration forms to complete. Visit the Hotel’s Front Desk and our Staff will assist you. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 during your stay, call the free hotline number to get support and to use your cover.
MEXICO: +52 55 88409526
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC: +34 911 975 116
JAMAICA: +34 911 975116
BRAZIL: +55 614 0427681
EUROPE: +34 911 975 116
The cover here in shall cease to be applicable once the Insured Party has returned to the usual place of residence thereof or following repatriation by EUROP ASSISTANCE to the usual place of residence or hospital close to such. Those costs which have not been previously notified to EUROP ASSISTANCE and those for which the corresponding authorization has not been received shall, in general terms, be excluded.
In any event (other than where expressly included in the coverage) the damage, events, expenditure, and consequences derived from the following shall be excluded from the coverage:
1. Pre-existing or chronic illnesses, injuries or conditions suffered by the Insured Party prior to the commencement of travel which reveal themselves during travel itself.
2. Voluntary refusal, delay or anticipation of the medical transfer proposed by EUROP ASSISTANCE and agreed with the medical service thereof.
3. Mental illness, preventative medical check-ups, heat treatment, cosmetic surgery and those cases in which the purpose of travel is medical treatment or surgical intervention, alternative and complementary medical treatments (homoeopathy, etc.), the expenditures derived from physiotherapy and/or rehabilitation as well as related items. Abortion, births and the diagnosis, follow-up and treatment of pregnancy are likewise excluded other than for urgent medical care and always prior to the six months thereof.
4. Participation on the part of the Insured Party in wagers, challenges, or disputes.
5. Any consequences arising from the practice of winter sports.
6. Participation in competitive sport or motorsports (races or rallies), as well as the performance of the dangerous activities listed below: *Boxing, weightlifting, wrestling, martial arts, mountaineering with access to glaciers, sledging, descent into water with breathing apparatus, caving and ski jumping. *Airborne sports in general. *Adventure sports such as whitewater rafting, bungee jumping, hydro speed, gorge walking and similar. In these cases, EUROP ASSISTANCE shall solely intervene and assume the expenditure generated by the Insured Party from the moment at which the Insured Party is under treatment in a medical centre.
7. Suicide, attempted suicide or self-harm on the part of the Insured Party.
8. Mountain, cave, sea or desert rescue.
9. Illnesses derived from the consumption of alcoholic beverages, narcotics, drugs, or medication, other than that which has been prescribed by a doctor.
10. Fraudulent activity on the part of the Policyholder, Insured Party or assignee thereof.
11. Epidemics; pandemics; infectious diseases that appear suddenly and spread rapidly through the population; illnesses caused by atmospheric pollution and/or contamination. Quarantine periods derived from any of the aforementioned causes are likewise excluded. (Other than where expressly included in the coverage)
12. Wars, demonstrations, insurrections, acts of terrorism, sabotage, and strikes, whether officially declared or otherwise. The transmutation of the atomic nucleus, as well as radiation caused by the artificial acceleration of atomic particles. Telluric movements, flooding, volcanic eruptions and, in general, those elements which are caused by the release of the forces of nature. Whatever other phenomena of a catastrophic or extraordinary nature which, as a result of size and seriousness, are classified as catastrophic or disastrous.
Irrespective of the foregoing, the following situations are specifically excluded:
1. The medical transfer of the sick or injured where the condition is caused by disorders or injuries which may be treated "in situ".
2. The cost of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as the acquisition, implantation-substitution, removal and/or repair of prostheses, anatomic and orthopedic parts of whatever type (such as a neck brace).
3. The reimbursement of medical, surgical, and pharmaceutical expenses, the value of which is less than 50 Euro.
The new medical care insurance comes in addition to the development of strict Health & Safety Protocols certified by SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. In addition, the hotel group has created the Palladium Hotel Group Global Customer Experience and Safety Council, which is composed of Chief Operating Officers, Commercial Directors, Quality Directors and Food & Beverage Directors of all company brands and hotels across all Palladium Hotel Group markets, as well as independent technical advisers.