Fiesta Hotel Group, through its Palladium Hotels and Resorts brand, has become the first supplier of tourism services in the Dominican Republic to actively fight against the sexual exploitation of children. The Group has just signed the Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation in Travel and Tourism in collaboration with ECPAT International, funded by UNICEF and supported by the UNWTO. These organizations fight to protect children’s rights against sexual crimes and guarantee a socially responsible tourism sector.
By adopting the code, we have committed ourselves to implement a series of criteria in the hotels located in the Dominican Republic , where sexual abuse of children has become a serious social problem. The hotels are: Grand Palladium Resorts in Punta Cana and Dominican Fiesta Hotel & Casino in Santo Domingo. The six criteria are the following:
• To establish an ethical policy regarding commercial sexual exploitation of children
• To train the personnel in the country of origin and travel destinations
• To introduce a clause in contracts with suppliers, stating a common repudiation of commercial sexual exploitation of children.
• To provide information to travellers by means of catalogues, brochures, in-flight films, ticket-slips, home pages, etc.
• To provide information to local "key persons" at the destinations
• To report annually
The Grand Palladium Resorts in Mexico have been collaborating with “The Code” during the last few years with the idea to have all of our Grand Palladium Resorts participating in this initiative. Fiesta Hotel Group continues with its commitment to offering a socially responsible tourism and creating awareness about this problem that affects one of the top destinations visited by Spaniards.